Our defaults have been taken away. The normalcy or tradition we rely on has been removed. So how should we respond?
Austin and I share some honest thoughts (and a little bit of preachin’) about your role during this crisis, what our Easter efforts should focus on this year, and some reminders about the opportunities you have during this season of ministry. And we walk through 4 important reminders for you to consider, no matter if you’re planning an online service, a casual Facebook Live video, sharing premade content, or anything else.
We’re cheering you on during this season! We continue to be encouraged by the efforts we see churches taking to minister to their community right now. And we hope this episode is an encouragement to you!
Links to Resources Mentioned or Related
- 10 Days of Encouragement for Pastors Navigating COVID-19 [Free Resource]
- Bonus Easter Conversation w/ Fishhook
- Other COVID-19 Resources from 95Network
Here are some key takeaways from today’s conversation:
- Don’t put too much pressure on your shoulders. We see a lot of pastors putting all the weight of their congregation’s spiritual lives on their shoulders right now. Give yourself the space to take care of you as well.
- Remember that form follows function. Why we exist is the foundation of what we do. Don’t let “what we’ve done” in the past be the driving force behind “what we do” this year.
- Are you structured for growth? The opportunity before us this year and during this season is incredible. But remember that God rarely pours out His breath where there’s not a structure to contain it. If you’re praying for Him to move, are you prepared for Him to move?
Subscribe (and Leave a Review!)
Be sure to subscribe to The 95 Podcast on whatever platform you prefer! You can also keep up with the latest podcasts, articles, and resources by using the form below:
Your rating also helps more pastors of small and mid-size churches find this resource, especially on Apple Podcasts. Would you take a moment to share your thoughts? Just open the podcast on Apple Podcasts on your phone or computer and share your thoughts. We really appreciate it!
Support the Podcast
The 95 Podcast is a ministry of 95Network. As a nonprofit, we rely on the support of those who believe in our mission to resource small and mid-size churches and support pastors. If you have been impacted by this podcast or our ministry, would you consider supporting us?