This was originally a Facebook Live we hosted with our friend in ministry, Kem Meyer. If you’d prefer to watch the conversation, you can click here. One pastor commented and said, “This is the single most helpful post/video I have seen yet for the small and struggling churches.” Great wisdom from Kem — worth a listen!
Our team has been focusing this past week on providing as many resources as we can for you to lead your ministry effectively and intentionally through COVID-19.
So today we wanted to share a conversation with one of our ministry partners, Kem Meyer. She is the Founder of Less Chaos. Less Noise., is an incredibly strategic thinker, and has a huge heart to resource the Church.
In this conversation, we talk through the changes COVID-19 has brought, how our ministries should (and shouldn’t) be responding, what Kem is seeing, and some encouragement for how to move forward intentionally.
Here are some key takeaways from today’s conversation:
- A lot of our churches aren’t coming across like we think they are. This isn’t a time to focus on inviting people to our Sunday services. In many cases, that’s an out-of-touch focus. How are you meeting real needs and communicating how you’re meeting those needs?
- There are basically two priorities right now. As Kem shares, these priorities are pastoral care of our people and meeting the physical needs in our community. Everything else isn’t essential in this season.
- This crisis has moved all of us into the role of coworker. We’re all in this together right now. How are you communicating from that perspective to your people and your community?
Links to Resources Mentioned or Related
- The Original Conversation on Facebook Live
- Article — COVID-19: 30 Things You Can Do While You Can’t Meet
- Episode 28 of the podcast: This is a Time for the Church to Shine
- Less Chaos. Less Noise. — FREE coaching calls this month
Subscribe (and Leave a Review!)
Be sure to subscribe to The 95 Podcast on whatever platform you prefer! You can also keep up with the latest podcasts, articles, and resources by using the form below:
Your rating also helps more pastors of small and mid-size churches find this resource, especially on Apple Podcasts. Would you take a moment to share your thoughts? Just open the podcast on Apple Podcasts on your phone or computer and share your thoughts. We really appreciate it!
Support the Podcast
The 95 Podcast is a ministry of 95Network. As a nonprofit, we rely on the support of those who believe in our mission to resource small and mid-size churches and support pastors. If you have been impacted by this podcast or our ministry, would you consider supporting us?