Jason Young knows firsthand what it’s like to be driven to perform in ministry. Working 80 hours a week still didn’t provide the satisfaction he sought in conquering the tasks he faced each week. This backdrop led Jason to write, “Don’t Burn Out – Burn Bright.”
Today’s podcast is an honest evaluation of what we can do to avoid the pitfalls that lead to ministry burnout. Jason’s transparent and fair assessment of his ministry struggles will relate to anyone in ministry. He hopes to help you take a proactive approach to maintaining healthy rhythms in your daily routine.
Links to Resources Mentioned or Related
- Free Leadership Assessment
- Leader’s Reflection Guide
- Team Discussion Guide
- Order Don’t Burn Out – Burn Bright through Amazon
- Order Don’t Burn Out – Burn Bright through Baker Book House For Bulk
- Email Jason
- 95Network – Soul Care Essentials
- 95Network – Healthy Church Assessment
- Read Stalled: Hope and Help for Pastors Who Thought They’d Be There By Now
- Watch Podcast on YouTube
1) Jason writes, “Don’t beat yourself up if you find yourself in an unhealthy place.” The book shares practical next steps for leaders to take when they realize they are in an unhealthy place.
2) Working 80 hours a week led Jason to a place of exhaustion. He finally reached a place where he had to do an introspective deep dive into why he was so driven.
3) It’s much better for a leader to approach ministry health from a “proactive/preventative” posture than to deal with the consequences of “reactive/rebuilding” results.
4) Ministry staffers and small church leaders (who may have no staff) are still responsible for creating healthy boundaries in their lives. There are healthy ways to approach those in authority over you with your desire to develop a healthy margin in your life.
Subscribe (and Leave a Review!)
Be sure to subscribe to The 95 Podcast on whatever platform you prefer! You can also keep up with the latest podcasts, articles, and resources by using the form below:
Your rating also helps more pastors of small and mid-size churches find this resource, especially on Apple Podcasts. Would you take a moment to share your thoughts? Open the podcast on Apple Podcasts on your phone or computer and share your thoughts. We appreciate it!
Support the Podcast
The 95 Podcast is a ministry of 95Network. As a nonprofit, we rely on the support of those who believe in our mission to resource small and mid-size churches and support pastors. If this podcast or our ministry has impacted you, would you consider supporting us?