It’s impossible to lead a church to be evangelistic if we’re not evangelistic ourselves.
We are so excited to have Dan Nichols, Executive Director of The Northeast Collaborative and Pastor at Restored Church in Wilkes-Barre, PA, on Episode 14 of The 95 Podcast! (Dan also taught us how to pronounce Wilkes-Barre, so that was fun.) We got connected with Dan a little over a year ago and have been consistently impressed by his leadership and passion for the Church.
This was a conversation filled with enthusiasm, honesty, and quite a few laughs. Dan had some incredible wisdom to share with church leaders and some down-to-earth reminders about the intended purpose of our ministries:
Austin’s Social Media Game: We want to get to know you better! This week, our question on our social media game is, “What is your most embarrassing experience in ministry?” We had a ton of responses to this one in the episode, so send us your answer on Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn so we can get to know each other better!
Here are some key takeaways from today’s conversation:
- If we’re not evangelistic in our own lives, we can’t expect our churches to be. As a pastor, our example sets the direction for our church. It’s impossible to lead a church to be evangelistic if we’re not.
- Do you have someone in your life that you are connected to that has no connection to faith? If we want to prioritize evangelism in our lives, it doesn’t happen if we’re not connected to those outside our Christian circles.
- Learning how to ask good questions is crucial to effective evangelism. This requires listening and curiosity, but this is the foundation to building relationships with people who have a different outlook on life than you.
Links to Resources Mentioned or Related
- The Ministry Mechanics: Building the Church. Equipping the Leader.
- The Northeast Collaborative
- Connect w/ Dan About “My Circle”
Subscribe (and Leave a Review!)
Be sure to subscribe to The 95 Podcast on whatever platform you prefer! You can also keep up with the latest podcasts, articles, and resources by using the form below:
Your rating also helps more pastors of small and mid-size churches find this resource, especially on Apple Podcasts. Would you take a moment to share your thoughts? Just open the podcast on Apple Podcasts on your phone or computer and share your thoughts. We really appreciate it!
Support the Podcast
The 95 Podcast is a ministry of 95Network. As a nonprofit, we rely on the support of those who believe in our mission to resource small and mid-size churches and support pastors. If you have been impacted by this podcast or our ministry, would you consider supporting us?