At God’s House Christian Church, Pastor Timothy Pender and his congregation believe that everyone was born with a purpose, on purpose. In other words, God has a plan for each one of us (Jeremiah 29:11). And this episode, we’re talking about God’s specific plan for pastors when it comes to reaching out for mental health support.
We’re thrilled to welcome Pastor Pender and have him share about his time in the military, how he manages his PTSD, and what God says about unity in churches and between pastors. We’ll cover many truths about the importance of asking for help when you need it and surrounding yourself with trusted individuals who can support you.
If you’re listening today and struggling with your mental health, please reach out to us at 95Network or to Full Strength Network (link below).
Links to Resources Mentioned or Related
- God’s House Christian Church Website
- Full Strength Network Website
- Use code PODCAST to get 10% off anything in our store!
- Read Stalled: Hope and Help for Pastors Who Thought They’d Be There By Now
- Watch Podcast on YouTube
1) In Matthew 7:7, Jesus calls us to ask, seek, and knock. These are action verbs! When you’re aware of an issue in your life (personal or professional), you can’t just sit there and hope for the best. You’ve got to move.
2) Pastors should be the most unified group, but we’re often one of the most splintered groups. Satan’s goal is to get us to focus on the things that divide us so that we miss the point, which is unity in proclaiming the Gospel. As pastors, we need to focus on what brings us together.
3) Jesus has opened the way for you to have relief. We have to live what we preach. If we preach that our churches need to be unified, then we need to be unified as pastors because that’s where there is strength. We need other people because we’re not designed to be isolated.
4) While we can’t change the past, we can look towards the future. As Hebrews 12:1-2 says, Jesus endured the cross “for the joy set before him.” He was choosing to focus on the joy that was ahead. If you’re in the midst of a struggle, just remember to S.U.D.—START where you are, USE what you’ve got, DO what you can.
Subscribe (and Leave a Review!)
Be sure to subscribe to The 95 Podcast on whatever platform you prefer! You can also keep up with the latest podcasts, articles, and resources by using the form below:
Your rating also helps more pastors of small and mid-size churches find this resource, especially on Apple Podcasts. Would you take a moment to share your thoughts? Just open the podcast on Apple Podcasts on your phone or computer and share your thoughts. We really appreciate it!
Support the Podcast
The 95 Podcast is a ministry of 95Network. As a nonprofit, we rely on the support of those who believe in our mission to resource small and mid-size churches and support pastors. If you have been impacted by this podcast or our ministry, would you consider supporting us?