“Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward” (Vernon Law).
Mark and Jill Savage can relate to this quote first-hand. They speak openly about how their marriage was built on a foundation of sand that eventually eroded as the pressure of ministry finally took its toll on Mark.
Today’s podcast is a powerful and transparent conversation with Mark and Jill on how finally arriving at a place of total surrender brought complete healing and restoration. Every ministry couple needs to pull up a chair and listen to the wisdom of the Savage’s shared in this special Valentine’s podcast.
Links to Resources Mentioned or Related
- Email: Jill@jillsavage.org
- Website: JillSavage.org
- Book: “How We Love” by Milan & Kay Yerkovich
- Mark & Jill’s Online Courses
- Coaching with Mark & Jill
- Book Mark & Jill for a Speaking Engagement
- Resources & Books by Mark & Jill
- No More Perfect Marriages Blog Series
- 95Network – Soul Care Essentials
- 95Network – Healthy Church Assessment
- Read Stalled: Hope and Help for Pastors Who Thought They’d Be There By Now
- Watch Podcast on YouTube
1) We come into our marriages with baggage accumulated throughout our lifetime. Unfortunately, getting married doesn’t dissolve our baggage in most cases. In fact, it just increases it to create room for our spouse.
2) Rebuilding broken trust doesn’t happen simply because you’re in ministry. Unfortunately, ministry can often be a contributor to broken trust.
3) The main way to get the necessary help you need when you’ve messed up is to come clean and be willing to get outside help.
4) God can take the most difficult situations and consequences of a broken marriage and use them to bring tremendous strength and healing if we are willing to go through the thorough accountability process.
Subscribe (and Leave a Review!)
Be sure to subscribe to The 95 Podcast on whatever platform you prefer! You can also keep up with the latest podcasts, articles, and resources by using the form below:
Your rating also helps more pastors of small and mid-size churches find this resource, especially on Apple Podcasts. Would you take a moment to share your thoughts? Open the podcast on Apple Podcasts on your phone or computer and share your thoughts. We appreciate it!
Support the Podcast
The 95 Podcast is a ministry of 95Network. As a nonprofit, we rely on the support of those who believe in our mission to resource small and mid-size churches and support pastors. Would you consider supporting us if this podcast or our ministry has impacted you?