Bill and Kristi Gaultiere understand what it’s like to pastor people while working through their own personal problems. Their life experiences have given them a deep love for pastors and ministry leaders to experience freedom, healing, and the joy of having a healthy soul.
Today’s podcast is a great conversation about their new book, Healthy Feelings, Thriving Faith, which details how to use the Enneagram to grow emotionally and spiritually effectively. The Gaultiere’s honesty and authenticity are a breath of fresh air for every ministry leader.
Links to Resources Mentioned or Related
- Website: Soul Shepherding
- Enneagram page
- Enneagram & Emotions Assessment
- Book: Healthy Feelings, Thriving Faith
- Email Bill
- Email Kristi
- 95Network – Soul Care Essentials
- 95Network – Healthy Church Assessment
- Read Stalled: Hope and Help for Pastors Who Thought They’d Be There By Now
- Watch Podcast on YouTube
1) Most pastors and church leaders have been taught that hiding their feelings and emotions is just part of the job. However, Bill and Kristi believe true freedom comes from practicing authenticity and transparency.
2) like many other processes, the Enneagram can be used for good or bad. The Gaultieres researched it for many years before deciding to use it to help folks experience freedom.
3) Many pastors are “performance-driven” in their vocational leadership. Jesus has never asked us to perform for him. He wants us to carry out our ministry in peace.
4) Spiritual disciplines weren’t intended to be a list of rules to check off daily. Their focus is to help us discover anything that may keep us from becoming the person Jesus has always wanted us to become.
Subscribe (and Leave a Review!)
Be sure to subscribe to The 95 Podcast on whatever platform you prefer! You can also keep up with the latest podcasts, articles, and resources by using the form below:
Your rating also helps more pastors of small and mid-size churches find this resource, especially on Apple Podcasts. Please take a moment to share your thoughts. Open the podcast on Apple Podcasts on your phone or computer to share them. We appreciate it!
Support the Podcast
The 95 Podcast is a ministry of 95Network. As a nonprofit, we rely on the support of those who believe in our mission to resource small and mid-size churches and support pastors. If this podcast or our ministry has impacted you, would you consider supporting us?