This week on the podcast, Austin and I got to have another special conversation. We recently connected with Roy Yanke, Executive Director of PIR Ministries, an incredible ministry that partners in pastoral restoration and renewal.
We wanted to have Roy on the podcast simply to share about the work they’re doing. But when he honestly shared his story while we were talking, the work they do took on even a deeper a level of meaning. Roy truly has a powerful story of literally walking from bank robber to pastoral blessing that I believe will be powerful for you to hear.
For Episode 25, we’re excited to be sharing this conversation. Roy has such a heart for church leaders and a huge amount of wisdom to share:
Here are some key takeaways from today’s conversation:
- Living at a human pace isn’t encouraged in our culture. We talk about it a lot around here, but it’s so easy for pastors to live at a pace that’s simply unrealistic. Over time, church leaders gradually move down the road towards burnout. We have to be intentional and honest about our capacity.
- Many of us have to learn how to be okay with being ordinary. The definition of ordinary is “the usual and customary.” Very few of us are going to have huge ministries that impact thousands and thousands of people. Many leaders rely more on our achievements than who we are in Christ to feed our soul.
- Pastors often run into vision conflict. In many conversations Roy and his team are having, they talk with pastors who run into conflict because the vision they have for the future of the church may create unhealthy disagreements. Unity is so important and learning how to walk through conflict in a healthy way is a crucial aspect of effective leadership.
Links to Resources Mentioned or Related
- PIR Ministries | Partners in Pastoral Renewal
- “I’m a Pastor and I Struggle With Porn. What Do I Do?”
- You Don’t Have to Be Super-Pastor (Even in a Small Church)
- Episode 24 w/ Dave Jacobs
Subscribe (and Leave a Review!)
Be sure to subscribe to The 95 Podcast on whatever platform you prefer! You can also keep up with the latest podcasts, articles, and resources by using the form below:
Your rating also helps more pastors of small and mid-size churches find this resource, especially on Apple Podcasts. Would you take a moment to share your thoughts? Just open the podcast on Apple Podcasts on your phone or computer and share your thoughts. We really appreciate it!
Support the Podcast
The 95 Podcast is a ministry of 95Network. As a nonprofit, we rely on the support of those who believe in our mission to resource small and mid-size churches and support pastors. If you have been impacted by this podcast or our ministry, would you consider supporting us?