Dale had the opportunity to spend some time with the leadership of Servant Solutions on today’s podcast. The purpose of connecting with them was to increase our understanding of the many issues facing pastors. The conversation was so good that we needed to separate it into two podcasts.
Therefore, today’s podcast (Part #1) deals mainly with understanding the pastor’s housing allowance and its varied nuances. Mark, Bob, and Jim do a great job of explaining how the pastor’s housing allowance is designed to work. This podcast is filled with great information for every leader in pastoral ministry.
Links to Resources Mentioned or Related
- Servant Solutions Website: Servantsolutions.org
- Housing Allowance Blog
- Housing Allowance Video
- Housing Allowance Website Page
- Email: Mark Senseman
- Email: Bob Haymond
- Email: Jim O’Bold
- 95Network – Soul Care Essentials
- 95Network – Healthy Church Assessment
- Read Stalled: Hope and Help for Pastors Who Thought They’d Be There By Now
- Watch Podcast on YouTube
1) There is so much misunderstanding about how the pastor’s housing allowance works. Even most IRS agents aren’t clear on how it was initially designed to help pastors.
2) It’s not too late to take advantage of the pastor’s housing allowance, even if you’re near retirement.
3) You are responsible for declaring your housing allowance even if your ministry fails to include it on your W-2.
4) The housing allowance is subject to the 15.3% self-employment tax even though it’s exempt from federal taxes.
Subscribe (and Leave a Review!)
Be sure to subscribe to The 95 Podcast on whatever platform you prefer! You can also keep up with the latest podcasts, articles, and resources by using the form below:
Your rating also helps more pastors of small and mid-size churches find this resource, especially on Apple Podcasts. Would you take a moment to share your thoughts? Open the podcast on Apple Podcasts on your phone or computer and share your thoughts. We appreciate it!
Support the Podcast
The 95 Podcast is a ministry of 95Network. As a nonprofit, we rely on the support of those who believe in our mission to resource small and mid-size churches and support pastors. Would you consider supporting us if this podcast or our ministry has impacted you?
Share Your Thoughts on Social Media
Let’s keep the conversation going! We use #smallchurches on Twitter, and you can keep up with the latest by following us on Twitter (@95Network), Facebook, or Instagram.