The word “engagement” has been a common one in church leadership in the last few years. During COVID-19, that term has become even more crucial as people determine what it looks like to measure their effectiveness online.
But for many churches, a lot of the conversations happening today have added a level of confusion and complexity in their ministry that really doesn’t need to be there.
So this week on the podcast, we’re breaking down engagement into 4 questions for you to consider and giving you some “permission” to measure engagement a little more organically, especially if you’re in a small or mid-size church.
Take a listen!
Links to Resources Mentioned or Related
- Virtual Conference: Where Do We Go From Here?
- Beyond the Slogan: Identifying a Vision for Tomorrow, Not Today – Episode 3
- Clarifying Digital Engagement – Episode 144 | The Unstuck Church Podcast
Here are the 4 questions we walk through in this episode:
- What is your purpose and direction? We talk about this a lot around here, but you can’t engage people if you’re not leading them somewhere.
- Are you providing value and building trust? A core purpose of your online presence overall is to build trust with your community. We have to be intentional about adding value to the people we’re trying to reach, rather than just speaking inward.
- Are you providing small next steps and seeing people take them? Even before COVID-19, the first steps in our discipleship efforts were often too big. That’s even more ineffective online.
- Are you developing community? As we navigate this conversation on engagement, we simply want to see more people engaging and connecting with our content online over time.
Subscribe (and Leave a Review!)
Be sure to subscribe to The 95 Podcast on whatever platform you prefer! You can also keep up with the latest podcasts, articles, and resources by using the form below:
Your rating also helps more pastors of small and mid-size churches find this resource, especially on Apple Podcasts. Would you take a moment to share your thoughts? Just open the podcast on Apple Podcasts on your phone or computer and share your thoughts. We really appreciate it!
Support the Podcast
The 95 Podcast is a ministry of 95Network. As a nonprofit, we rely on the support of those who believe in our mission to resource small and mid-size churches and support pastors. If you have been impacted by this podcast or our ministry, would you consider supporting us?