Mary Ann Sibley is passionate about equipping people for ministry success. Through a series of experiences, she learned that the only way to have a sustained, successful ministry is to equip and empower others. This experience has helped Mary Ann become a tremendous resource for any leader needing coaching and training to develop leaders.
Mary Ann joins Dale on today’s 95Podcast to discuss ways to develop an excellent volunteer culture within any organization. This podcast is loaded with so much practical wisdom.
Links to Resources Mentioned or Related
- Mary Ann’s Website: Maryannsibley.com
- Email: Mary Ann
- Volunteer Pastoral Example: Derek Sanford.com
- Derek Sanford’s Book: “Untapped Church.”
- 95Network – Soul Care Essentials
- 95Network – Healthy Church Assessment
- Read Stalled: Hope and Help for Pastors Who Thought They’d Be There By Now
- Watch Podcast on YouTube
1) A friendly, well-trained parking lot attendant unknowingly removed all the barriers that kept Mary Ann from attending church for the first time. This encounter ultimately helped her find Jesus.
2) Volunteers and servers inside a local church don’t exist to fulfill a leader’s vision or ministry. In fact, as leaders in the church, we are called to equip people (saints) to find and fulfill their ministry.
3) You can’t do it all. The mindset of having to do everything yourself will eventually stunt growth and wear you out. Even Moses was instructed to stop leading this way!
4) Every “diamond, gold or silver” level volunteer starts out with “dirt on them.” Our job as leaders, once we’ve “mined the dirt to find them,” is to clean and polish them to help them shine their brightest.
Subscribe (and Leave a Review!)
Be sure to subscribe to The 95 Podcast on whatever platform you prefer! You can also keep up with the latest podcasts, articles, and resources by using the form below:
Your rating also helps more pastors of small and mid-size churches find this resource, especially on Apple Podcasts. Would you take a moment to share your thoughts? Open the podcast on Apple Podcasts on your phone or computer and share your thoughts. We appreciate it!
Support the Podcast
The 95 Podcast is a ministry of 95Network. As a nonprofit, we rely on the support of those who believe in our mission to resource small and mid-size churches and support pastors. If this podcast or our ministry has impacted you, would you consider supporting us?