Thank you so much to all of you who have supported us as we launched The 95 Podcast this year! This week, we’re sharing our final episode of 2019 and the conclusion of our series of interviewing people who are ministering in northeast America.
For Episode 17, we’re excited to be sharing a conversation with Kim Richardson and Jarrod Spalding, who lead Vision Partners, an organization dedicated to helping churches clarify their future. They found us online about a year ago and we’ve enjoyed getting to know them this past year.
Both Jarrod and Kim have a great heart for local churches and are doing some great work to help churches stay accountable to their vision. There’s some great takeaways in this conversation and we’re excited to be sharing it! Check it out:
Austin’s Social Media Game: We want to get to know you better! This week, our question on our social media game is, “What is your favorite book? Or who is your favorite author?” Send us your answer on Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn so we can get to know each other better!
Here are some key takeaways from today’s conversation:
- Having a team bought-in to where you’re headed is crucial. Especially in a small church, if you have a team of 6-10 people who are all on the same page about the future of your church, you’re going to make so much more progress towards that goal.
- Especially in the northeast, we’re about 1-2 generations behind people even understanding “church” is still a thing. Jarrod had a great story about some conversations he’s had with people in his area and this is an important thing for us to understand as culture continues to change.
- A lot of times, churches are simply trying to do too much. We say this a lot and Kim & Jarrod had some thoughts about how they’ve seen this play out. If we don’t have focus in our ministry, we do a lot of things poorly rather than a few things really well.
Links to Resources Mentioned or Related
- The Ministry Mechanics: Building the Church. Equipping the Leader.
- Vision Partners
- The Church Unique Process
- We’re hosting a couple events in partnership w/ Kim and Jarrod in MA and NH in 2020
Subscribe (and Leave a Review!)
Be sure to subscribe to The 95 Podcast on whatever platform you prefer! You can also keep up with the latest podcasts, articles, and resources by using the form below:
Your rating also helps more pastors of small and mid-size churches find this resource, especially on Apple Podcasts. Would you take a moment to share your thoughts? Just open the podcast on Apple Podcasts on your phone or computer and share your thoughts. We really appreciate it!
Support the Podcast
The 95 Podcast is a ministry of 95Network. As a nonprofit, we rely on the support of those who believe in our mission to resource small and mid-size churches and support pastors. If you have been impacted by this podcast or our ministry, would you consider supporting us?