“Freedom is not the absence of something, it’s the presence of Someone.”
This man changed my life… Bob Hamp is the Founder of Think Differently Academy and is a Marriage & Family Therapist. I talk about him a lot in my book Stalled, particularly regarding the profound effect his teaching called “The Problem Jesus Came to Solve” had on my life and my journey towards health.
So you may be able to imagine how much of an honor it is to be sharing this conversation Austin and I got to have with Bob on the podcast today.
Not only will you hear him play something on his “office guitar” at the opening of the episode, but you’ll also get to listen to a conversation about why we need to change how we think about “freedom” and how you can take steps today to start doing ministry from Jesus instead of for Jesus (which was the game-changing shift for me). Listen in!
1) Jesus didn’t come to make bad people behave better. He came to make dead people alive. As Bob shares throughout today’s episode, too many people live their lives in the bondage of the “knowledge of good and evil” instead of in the freedom of the life Jesus actually came to bring.
2) Pastors need freedom too. I’ll never forget telling my pastor years ago that I knew other people needed freedom, but I didn’t think I did. After I met Bob Hamp, I learned very quickly that my perspective was misguided.
3) Every church has the opportunity today to be directly in people’s living rooms. We can’t take that opportunity lightly.
Links to Resources Mentioned or Related
- Read Stalled: Hope and Help for Pastors Who Thought They’d Be There By Now
- Check out Think Differently Academy
- [Video] The Problem Jesus Came to Solve
- National Conference on November 4, 2021
- Follow Bob on Twitter and Instagram.
Subscribe (and Leave a Review!)
Be sure to subscribe to The 95 Podcast on whatever platform you prefer! You can also keep up with the latest podcasts, articles, and resources by using the form below:
Your rating also helps more pastors of small and mid-size churches find this resource, especially on Apple Podcasts. Would you take a moment to share your thoughts? Just open the podcast on Apple Podcasts on your phone or computer and share your thoughts. We really appreciate it!
Support the Podcast
The 95 Podcast is a ministry of 95Network. As a nonprofit, we rely on the support of those who believe in our mission to resource small and mid-size churches and support pastors. If you have been impacted by this podcast or our ministry, would you consider supporting us?