(Are you signed up for our National Conference in November? Get all the details here!)
“We think that our job is to get people to go along with the things Jesus suggested as opposed to heal the broken.”
You may already know this, but this man changed my (Dale’s) life… Bob Hamp is the Founder of Think Differently Academy and is a Marriage & Family Therapist. I talk about him a lot in my book Stalled, particularly regarding the profound effect his teaching called “The Problem Jesus Came to Solve” had on my life and my journey towards health. In my recent sabbatical, he played a huge part in that as well.
And our last podcast episode with him is by far our most popular podcast episode ever… more than double what’s in the #2 spot!
In this episode, you basically get to listen in on some live counseling takeaways before we jump into talking about how we’re partnering together on our upcoming national conference and what Bob is hoping for church leaders right now.
1) “We think that our job is to get people to go along with the things Jesus suggested as opposed to heal the broken.” True healing is not really about what we know or what we do; instead, it’s about Who we know and Who we’re connected to.
2) “Crisis isn’t inherently negative; crisis just means a reshuffling.”
3) Sometimes ministry feels like going underwater, and it’s important to come up for air.
Links to Resources Mentioned or Related
- Doing Ministry From Jesus Instead of For Him (w/ Bob Hamp) – Episode 59
- Dale’s Unexpected Sabbatical & Reflections – Episode 91
- Use code PODCAST to get 10% off anything in our store!
- Read Stalled: Hope and Help for Pastors Who Thought They’d Be There By Now
- Join us with your spouse for the From Stalled to Freedom Conference in Greenville!
Subscribe (and Leave a Review!)
Be sure to subscribe to The 95 Podcast on whatever platform you prefer! You can also keep up with the latest podcasts, articles, and resources by using the form below:
Your rating also helps more pastors of small and mid-size churches find this resource, especially on Apple Podcasts. Would you take a moment to share your thoughts? Just open the podcast on Apple Podcasts on your phone or computer and share your thoughts. We really appreciate it!
Support the Podcast
The 95 Podcast is a ministry of 95Network. As a nonprofit, we rely on the support of those who believe in our mission to resource small and mid-size churches and support pastors. If you have been impacted by this podcast or our ministry, would you consider supporting us?