(Are you signed up for our National Conference in November? Get all the details here!)
If it’s not clear, it’s confusing.
With Dale still out on Sabbatical, we’ve got another unique episode for you this week! For this one, we’re sharing conference audio from our popular Growth Engines one-day event, shared as part of the Ozark Christian College Preaching-Teaching Convention in February 2020. Today we’re sharing Session 4, led by Austin, on Effective Church Communications.
In this jam-packed session, Austin walks through 10 things to consider for effective communications, the value of digital content (even before it was forced on us!), important perspective shifts for church leaders, the purpose of communications in churches overall, and more. You’ll get a lot from this one, and we look forward to hearing what stands out most to you!
1) Communications is how you move people TO and THROUGH next steps. It’s great for us to have discipleship paths and opportunities created and defined. But if we can’t move people to those steps or through those steps, our effectiveness is limited.
2) Your health as a leader matters. Before the main portion of this session, Austin shares about the main reason behind his passion for supporting churches: His dad’s moral failure and the result it had on the church he grew up in. We are so passionate about helping leaders avoid getting to that same place, and it starts with prioritizing your health.
3) Are you considering the entire faith journey, or just what happens after people are interested? Austin highlights his “Twist on the Buyer’s Journey” adjusted for ministries, and illustrates how we miss out on the biggest opportunity for trust-building when we wait for someone to be in the “Consideration” stage of their journey with Christ.
Links to Resources Mentioned or Related
- Developing a Mission-Minded Congregation (Live Session From #OCCPT 2020 at Ozark Christian College) – Episode 58
- [Article] Is Your Ministry Too Isolated? How Churches Create Barriers for Their Community
- Use code PODCAST to get 10% off anything in our store!
- Read Stalled: Hope and Help for Pastors Who Thought They’d Be There By Now
- Join us with your spouse for the From Stalled to Freedom Conference in Greenville!
Subscribe (and Leave a Review!)
Be sure to subscribe to The 95 Podcast on whatever platform you prefer! You can also keep up with the latest podcasts, articles, and resources by using the form below:
Your rating also helps more pastors of small and mid-size churches find this resource, especially on Apple Podcasts. Would you take a moment to share your thoughts? Just open the podcast on Apple Podcasts on your phone or computer and share your thoughts. We really appreciate it!
Support the Podcast
The 95 Podcast is a ministry of 95Network. As a nonprofit, we rely on the support of those who believe in our mission to resource small and mid-size churches and support pastors. If you have been impacted by this podcast or our ministry, would you consider supporting us?