(Are you signed up for our National Conference in November? Get all the details here!)
“If you can’t stay afloat, you can’t help anybody.”
Dale is BACK from his 40-day Sabbatical. And he has quite the story to share with you. Let’s just say that the Sabbatical went nothing like he expected… 🙂
Today, Dale shares that story, what brought him to the end of himself, and how God allowed experiences that reinforced the Stalled message in his life. Listen in!
1) “When we get to a place in ministry where we’re bigger than Jesus, we’re in trouble.” When people talk more about us, or the methods of our church or our pastoring, than Jesus, we’re in trouble.
2) Do the people most important in your life know that you love them? More than anything else, we want to encourage you to take the time this week to really tell them and show them they’re most important.
3) Trauma affects you greatly. What unaddressed trauma do you have in your life? From the last year, and even as far back as childhood?
4) “If you can’t stay afloat, you can’t help anybody.” Pastor, how close are you to not being able to stay afloat?
Links to Resources Mentioned or Related
- 40 Years in the Making: Dale’s Stalled Story – Episode 44
- The Unseen Emotional Impact of the Pandemic on Pastors (w/ Karl Vaters) – Episode 82
- Use code PODCAST to get 10% off anything in our store!
- Read Stalled: Hope and Help for Pastors Who Thought They’d Be There By Now
- Join us with your spouse for the From Stalled to Freedom Conference in Greenville!
- Watch Podcast on YouTube
Subscribe (and Leave a Review!)
Be sure to subscribe to The 95 Podcast on whatever platform you prefer! You can also keep up with the latest podcasts, articles, and resources by using the form below:
Your rating also helps more pastors of small and mid-size churches find this resource, especially on Apple Podcasts. Would you take a moment to share your thoughts? Just open the podcast on Apple Podcasts on your phone or computer and share your thoughts. We really appreciate it!
Support the Podcast
The 95 Podcast is a ministry of 95Network. As a nonprofit, we rely on the support of those who believe in our mission to resource small and mid-size churches and support pastors. If you have been impacted by this podcast or our ministry, would you consider supporting us?