(Are you signed up for our National Conference in November? Get all the details here!)
Did you know that 83% of pastor’s wives wish their husbands would choose a different profession?
Donna Lewis and her husband, Bobby, have been in ministry for decades and are church planters of RiverPoint Church. Bobby is actually a coach and conference facilitator here at 95Network, and Donna has a huge passion to support pastors’ wives. In this episode, she openly shares about the loneliness of feeling unseen, what it’s like to feel like the church is the “other woman,” why avoiding the issue isn’t a solution, her encouragement to both male pastors and pastors’ wives, and more.
(In this episode, we are specifically talking to male pastors. If you’re a female pastor, we see you and do hope you still get value from this episode!)
Pastors, this is so important. Your marriage is more important than your ministry. We hope this episode is a reminder for you of exactly that.
1) “For years, I felt like I was on the backburner… I felt like I was just an appendage.” Donna is open about the difficult experiences she’s had over the years where she felt like she was just there, just along for the ride. And as a result, she experienced the loneliness of feeling like she needed “to stay out of the way.”
2) “If your wife doesn’t reach out to you, reach out to her.” And listen. If she says she doesn’t feel seen, listen to her heart. That’s not an overreaction… that’s a real feeling directly from her heart.
3) “God ordained our marriage before He ever ordained our church or our church ministry.” Marriage above church, every time. This should always come before our ministry in the church.
Links to Resources Mentioned or Related
- Is Your Church the Other Woman? A Pastor’s Secret Affair
- Use code PODCAST to get 10% off anything in our store!
- Read Stalled: Hope and Help for Pastors Who Thought They’d Be There By Now
- Join us with your spouse for the From Stalled to Freedom Conference in Greenville!
Subscribe (and Leave a Review!)
Be sure to subscribe to The 95 Podcast on whatever platform you prefer! You can also keep up with the latest podcasts, articles, and resources by using the form below:
Your rating also helps more pastors of small and mid-size churches find this resource, especially on Apple Podcasts. Would you take a moment to share your thoughts? Just open the podcast on Apple Podcasts on your phone or computer and share your thoughts. We really appreciate it!
Support the Podcast
The 95 Podcast is a ministry of 95Network. As a nonprofit, we rely on the support of those who believe in our mission to resource small and mid-size churches and support pastors. If you have been impacted by this podcast or our ministry, would you consider supporting us?