(Are you signed up for our National Conference in November? Get all the details here!)
I’m so excited to share today’s episode with you. Jacob King is an incredible young man who has wisdom beyond his years. He is a first-year ministry student who has a huge heart for God and for the Church.
I’ve been friends with Jacob’s dad, Clayton, for MANY years. I have seen Jacob grow into his calling in some incredible ways, so I was really excited when he agreed to do the podcast today.
In this conversation, we’re talking about dealing with the expectations of others, discovering our calling, the power of Scripture, reaching the next generation, and so much more.
1) Are you willing to say “yes” when God asks? I loved Jacob’s perspective on the unknown aspects of his future. He doesn’t know where God is leading him, but he knows he’s willing to say “yes.”
2) Our expectations don’t always match up with God’s expectations. This was powerful. As we talked through his experience with people he interacts with who know his family, Jacob honestly shared about the expectations he often places on himself. So many of us experience this, and it’s dangerous when we let those expectations blend with God’s expectations.
3) The value of Scripture can’t be overstated. We know this in our heads, but over time it’s easy to let this truth slip away from really settling in our hearts and how we lead.
4) It’s not our job to make people fall in love with God. That’s God’s job. We’re here to let God use us to bring about His purpose and plan.
Links to Resources Mentioned or Related
- An Honest Conversation About Evangelism, Change, & the Next Generation (w/ Clayton King) – Episode 34
- Use code PODCAST to get 10% off anything in our store!
- Read Stalled: Hope and Help for Pastors Who Thought They’d Be There By Now
- Join us with your spouse for the From Stalled to Freedom Conference in Greenville!
Subscribe (and Leave a Review!)
Be sure to subscribe to The 95 Podcast on whatever platform you prefer! You can also keep up with the latest podcasts, articles, and resources by using the form below:
Your rating also helps more pastors of small and mid-size churches find this resource, especially on Apple Podcasts. Would you take a moment to share your thoughts? Just open the podcast on Apple Podcasts on your phone or computer and share your thoughts. We really appreciate it!
Support the Podcast
The 95 Podcast is a ministry of 95Network. As a nonprofit, we rely on the support of those who believe in our mission to resource small and mid-size churches and support pastors. If you have been impacted by this podcast or our ministry, would you consider supporting us?