(Take one day to ensure a stronger future for your ministry with VisionDay. Get all the details here!)
I am really excited to share today’s episode of The 95 Podcast with you. As I have been getting back into hosting events across the country, the weight of how a lot of pastors are actually doing has been settling on me. Today we want to talk about the future of the Church and the current state of pastoral leadership.
I have known Kirk Mackie for a few years, and every time I talk with him I feel refreshed. I hope you experience the same thing as you listen to this episode today.
Kirk loves the Church. In pastoral roles that span 22 years, his experience leading, coaching, empowering, and consulting results in people coming to faith and changing their culture. He’s passionate about developing godly leaders especially in cross-cultural environments.
In this episode, we talk about the areas of growth Kirk has seen in his own leadership, the opportunity in front of us, the drastic shift that is happening in the Church right now, how the role of the pastor needs to shift moving forward, and much more.
1) “You’re so far out front they can’t tell if you’re the enemy or one of them.” I loved this quote from Kirk as he reflected on areas he’s grown. If you lead in a strictly visionary way, this quote is for you.
2) “The role of the pastor is not to deliver religious goods and services.” The pastor’s role is to equip people in their faith to become more and more like Christ. Today, this is more about pouring into people and developing community than preparing a service or a message.
3) Our WHY never changes but our HOW needs to. We’ve talked about this for years, and it felt so refreshing to go back to this in today’s episode.
4) You can’t un-call yourself. God may be telling you to pause, but if He has called you into ministry, you are not un-called.
Links to Resources Mentioned or Related
- Learn more about Novo
- [Book] Leading Change by John Kotter
- Use code PODCAST to get 10% off anything in our store!
- Read Stalled: Hope and Help for Pastors Who Thought They’d Be There By Now
Subscribe (and Leave a Review!)
Be sure to subscribe to The 95 Podcast on whatever platform you prefer! You can also keep up with the latest podcasts, articles, and resources by using the form below:
Your rating also helps more pastors of small and mid-size churches find this resource, especially on Apple Podcasts. Would you take a moment to share your thoughts? Just open the podcast on Apple Podcasts on your phone or computer and share your thoughts. We really appreciate it!
Support the Podcast
The 95 Podcast is a ministry of 95Network. As a nonprofit, we rely on the support of those who believe in our mission to resource small and mid-size churches and support pastors. If you have been impacted by this podcast or our ministry, would you consider supporting us?