The original release of Podcast 111 w/ Polly Hamp was so well received that we decided to release it again as the end of summer 2022 nears. We hope you enjoy today’s PODCAST RECAST.
The work of Jesus is evident all throughout Polly Hamp’s life.
If you’ve listened to the podcast for a while, you know my life was changed by the teaching of Bob Hamp, and it was such an honor to have his wife Polly on the podcast this week to share her story.
Polly’s earliest memory is from age 3, when she was first sexually abused. In today’s episode, she shares about the journey of life she has been on, as well as the incredible ways Jesus has shown up in her story and redeemed aspects of her story.
Her vision in life is to see people walk in the fullness of who God created them to be. For years Polly has been helping individuals find freedom and hope from hurting and stuck places. She was the founder and director of a ministry that helped people impacted by the sex industry find freedom and a new life. She also is a published author, speaker, Think Differently Coach, Certified NLP Practitioner, and an Organizational Consultant.
The faithfulness of God evident in her story brought me to tears. I encourage you to listen!
Links to Resources Mentioned or Related
- Cherished by Polly Hamp
- Doing Ministry From Jesus Instead of For Him (w/ Bob Hamp) – Episode 59
- Think Differently Counseling
- Dale’s Unexpected Sabbatical & Reflections – Episode 91
- 95Network Membership
- 95Network – Soul Care Essentials
- 95Network – Healthy Church Assessment
- Use code PODCAST to get 10% off anything in our store!
- Read Stalled: Hope and Help for Pastors Who Thought They’d Be There By Now
- Watch Podcast on YouTube
1) “We all repeat our family of origin until we don’t.” What a powerful statement. Generational patterns of sin or abuse can be broken, but until they’re broken, they are likely to show up again. That’s true for each of us.
2) “Connect with Jesus and let Him speak to your story.” Again, Polly’s story is just such a beautiful reminder to me that Jesus is the true Healer. He is present with each of us and walking with us. Are you letting Him speak to your story?
3) “Wherever you go, there you are.” So often we look to our achievements, the encouragements of others, or a future destination in lieu of acknowledging the broken parts of our heart. But one thing is true: No matter what we do or where we go, we carry ourselves with us.
4) Trauma is a topic the Church needs to understand. I appreciated Polly’s clarity when she said, “Judgments against mental health and those who have struggled with mental health are just as dangerous as someone slugging them in the face.” Trauma is real, and how we approach this topic matters deeply.
5) Pause. God doesn’t need you to be something you aren’t already to accept you and love you in His perfect way. He simply desires to be with you, and He loves you just as you are.
Subscribe (and Leave a Review!)
Be sure to subscribe to The 95 Podcast on whatever platform you prefer! You can also keep up with the latest podcasts, articles, and resources by using the form below:
Your rating also helps more pastors of small and mid-size churches find this resource, especially on Apple Podcasts. Would you take a moment to share your thoughts? Just open the podcast on Apple Podcasts on your phone or computer and share your thoughts. We really appreciate it!
Support the Podcast
The 95 Podcast is a ministry of 95Network. As a nonprofit, we rely on the support of those who believe in our mission to resource small and mid-size churches and support pastors. If you have been impacted by this podcast or our ministry, would you consider supporting us?