“All my life I had felt worthless, and I had been looking to others to give me significance.”
Do you ever feel like you’ve never had help in ministry? Do you feel like you’re just holding out for a better season? Do you struggle to implement structures and systems in your church?
Friend, we have an encouraging episode for you today. Steve Smith has such a heart for pastors. He is the founder of Church Equippers and has a long history of pastoral leadership and coaching. Today he shares the journey God led him on to heal him from anger, his insight into revitalization and transformational discipleship, and some encouragement directly to your heart as a leader.
1) “Revitalization is a spiritual journey with God. If God is not doing it, nothing eternal will come out of it.” We say it all the time, but God wants to reach your community more than you do. Change that is not led or directed by God is change without power or direction.
2) There’s a hidden internal struggle many pastors are facing. As Steve says, “God let me come to the end of myself.” Pride is often the roadblock that keeps us from coming clean or opening up in leadership. When we “just hold out,” we’re bound to go down an unhealthy road. Like Jesus asks in Scripture, “Do you want to get well?”
3) We need to move from audience thinking to army thinking. An army doesn’t think of what they can receive from something; they think of how they can prepare for the mission ahead. Which of these better define our congregation?
Links to Resources Mentioned or Related
- Church Equippers
- [Book] Church Gamechanger
- Read Stalled: Hope and Help for Pastors Who Thought They’d Be There By Now
Subscribe (and Leave a Review!)
Be sure to subscribe to The 95 Podcast on whatever platform you prefer! You can also keep up with the latest podcasts, articles, and resources by using the form below:
Your rating also helps more pastors of small and mid-size churches find this resource, especially on Apple Podcasts. Would you take a moment to share your thoughts? Just open the podcast on Apple Podcasts on your phone or computer and share your thoughts. We really appreciate it!
Support the Podcast
The 95 Podcast is a ministry of 95Network. As a nonprofit, we rely on the support of those who believe in our mission to resource small and mid-size churches and support pastors. If you have been impacted by this podcast or our ministry, would you consider supporting us?