(Are you signed up for our National Conference in November? Get all the details here!)
It’s kind of crazy, but this podcast has almost been around for 2 years! 84 episodes ago, we had a really great conversation with Tony Morgan, founder of The Unstuck Group, as we walk through 10 characteristics of unstuck churches. This was pre-pandemic and is a great conversation to ground us and remind us of our purpose and our direction.
Tony is a dear friend that we’ve known for a long time. And the honesty, experience, and conviction he comes into this conversation with made this such a powerful discussion.
We all want our churches to be healthy, both deep and wide. But what should that look like? What are some characteristics of churches that are effectively reaching their community for Jesus? Find out all of that in today’s episode!
1) A willingness to change is crucial. Across the board, we have to be open-handed about how we do ministry. An openness to change methods is a key aspect of unstuck churches.
2) Unstuck churches fight the pressure to focus inward. A lot of the points that Tony highlighted came back to this takeaway right here. Focusing too much on the people inside our church hurts our ability to understand and reach the people outside our church.
3) Small churches are not “less than.” This was our favorite part of the conversation. When we talk about healthy/unhealthy churches, we’re not talking about large/small churches. The size of your church does not change your ability to be “unstuck” and effectively impact your community for Jesus.
Links to Resources Mentioned or Related
- Learn More About The Unstuck Group
- 27 Things I’ve Learned After 27 Years of Marriage
- Access thousands of dollars of resources in membership!
- Use code PODCAST to get 10% off anything in our store!
- Read Stalled: Hope and Help for Pastors Who Thought They’d Be There By Now
- Join us with your spouse for the From Stalled to Freedom Conference in Greenville!
Subscribe (and Leave a Review!)
Be sure to subscribe to The 95 Podcast on whatever platform you prefer! You can also keep up with the latest podcasts, articles, and resources by using the form below:
Your rating also helps more pastors of small and mid-size churches find this resource, especially on Apple Podcasts. Would you take a moment to share your thoughts? Just open the podcast on Apple Podcasts on your phone or computer and share your thoughts. We really appreciate it!
Support the Podcast
The 95 Podcast is a ministry of 95Network. As a nonprofit, we rely on the support of those who believe in our mission to resource small and mid-size churches and support pastors. If you have been impacted by this podcast or our ministry, would you consider supporting us?