After spending years in a successful marketing and communications career, Evan McBroom felt God calling him to start something new. In 2003, he founded Fishhook, a communications organization for churches. He eventually stepped away from Fishhook so that others could take charge and lead the organization, and at the time, he didn’t think he had the energy for another startup. But, of course, God had other plans.
In the fall of 2021, Evan and his wife knew that the Lord was calling them to establish a new ministry. So, at the beginning of this year, he launched Teamness—an organization designed to help host and facilitate leadership retreats for pastors and their teams.
During today’s conversation, we’ll talk to Evan about how to strengthen, encourage, and focus your church ministry team so you can accomplish your mission with joy, passion, and longevity. We’ll also talk about Teamness and opportunities that the organization can give you and your team. Do you think your group could benefit from a team-building retreat? If so, this is a great podcast for you.
Links to Resources Mentioned or Related
- Teamness Website
- Schedule A Retreat – Evan’s Email
- Use code PODCAST to get 10% off anything in our store!
- Read Stalled: Hope and Help for Pastors Who Thought They’d Be There By Now
- Watch Podcast on YouTube
1) Building a successful team always starts at the top. If your ministry team is struggling and lacking unity, begin by asking yourself what’s going on in your own heart. Are there places in your life that need God’s healing?
2) The most important thing in a successful team is to love one another well. When your team members are motivated by caring for one another instead of looking out for their best interests, you’ll naturally get the performance, loyalty, and longevity that you need.
3) Be generous to your people. Operate in a mode of giving at all times. That could look like a word of encouragement, support in a time of need, recognition or praise for successes, time off, or even free snacks in the break room.
4) If God has called you to it, then He’s equipped you for it. If what you’re doing is God’s will, then He will provide for you. Lean into His calling in your life, and trust Him to meet your needs (Philippians 4:19).
Subscribe (and Leave a Review!)
Be sure to subscribe to The 95 Podcast on whatever platform you prefer! You can also keep up with the latest podcasts, articles, and resources by using the form below:
Your rating also helps more pastors of small and mid-size churches find this resource, especially on Apple Podcasts. Would you take a moment to share your thoughts? Just open the podcast on Apple Podcasts on your phone or computer and share your thoughts. We really appreciate it!
Support the Podcast
The 95 Podcast is a ministry of 95Network. As a nonprofit, we rely on the support of those who believe in our mission to resource small and mid-size churches and support pastors. If you have been impacted by this podcast or our ministry, would you consider supporting us?