Kaitlyn Wood has always had an opinion! Her teen years were filled with moments of “pushing the envelope” just because she could. After settling some issues in her own heart, Kaitlyn committed to a life of full-time ministry service.
Kaitlyn joins Dale on today’s 95Podcast to talk through many ministry-related issues, such as following her dad as lead pastor of her local church. In fact, her dad serves on staff with her today! This is an excellent conversation on the challenges facing women who answer the call to serve the local church in today’s climate.
Links to Resources Mentioned or Related
- United Church of Cohoes Website
- Books by Dr. Richard Middleton:
- The Liberating Image
- The Transforming Vision: Shaping a Christian Worldview
- Flourish Movement (Where Kaitlyn provides coaching, consulting, and training)
- Email Kaitlyn
- 95Network – Soul Care Essentials
- 95Network – Healthy Church Assessment
- Read Stalled: Hope and Help for Pastors Who Thought They’d Be There By Now
- Watch Podcast on YouTube
1) Growing up in a home where both mom and dad used their gifts to serve the local church allowed Kaitlyn to develop confidence in her calling.
2) The sudden loss of her mother led Kaitlyn to deep soul-searching as she processed her grief.
3) There can be a lot of pressure for any child who assumes leadership roles where their father has served for decades. To avoid many of the usual pitfalls, Kaitlyn and her dad had an honest, “no holding back” conversation about the challenges that certainly were lying ahead.
4) The pressure of serving as lead pastor of a church has a unique set of issues that female leaders face, which their male counterparts don’t face. Kaitlyn discusses some of these in today’s conversation.
Subscribe (and Leave a Review!)
Be sure to subscribe to The 95 Podcast on whatever platform you prefer! You can also keep up with the latest podcasts, articles, and resources by using the form below:
Your rating also helps more pastors of small and mid-size churches find this resource, especially on Apple Podcasts. Please take a moment to share your thoughts. Open the podcast on Apple Podcasts on your phone or computer and share your thoughts. We appreciate it!
Support the Podcast
The 95 Podcast is a ministry of 95Network. As a nonprofit, we rely on the support of those who believe in our mission to resource small and mid-size churches and support pastors. If this podcast or our ministry has impacted you, would you consider supporting us?