Tim Walker joins Dale on today’s 95Podcast to talk about the remarkable impact he has seen at Restored Church in Wilkes-Barre, PA. Restored Church has a decade of meeting the needs of the less fortunate by sharing the Gospel with them. Once someone has come to Christ, the next step is to disciple them through a process called The Timothy Initiative. The goal of The Timothy Initiative is to develop discipleship through the 4th generation.
Tim shares how he’s seen firsthand the impact of developing disciples who develop disciples that develop disciples. He also notes four key shifts that are happening: 1 – Believer to Disciple, 2 – Knowledge to Obedience, 3 – Disciple to Disciple-Maker & 4 – Addition to Multiplication.
Links to Resources Mentioned or Related
- Website: RestoredChurch.org
- ORDER BOOKS
- From Megachurch to Multiplication: A Church’s Journey Toward Movement by Chris Galanos
- Discipleshift Series: http://restoredchurch.
- Email: Tim@restoredchurch.org
- The Timothy Initiative Worldwide: http://ttionline.
- 95Network – Soul Care Essentials
- 95Network – Healthy Church Assessment
- Read Stalled: Hope and Help for Pastors Who Thought They’d Be There By Now
- Watch Podcast on YouTube
1) Restored Church in Wilkes-Barre, PA, has seen how the power of the Gospel can transform anyone. Tim has witnessed many stories of successful transformation over the years.
2) There is a shift happening in the Church today that is leaning away from knowledge and toward obedience.
3) The health of the pastor/leader of the church often determines the health of the organization. It’s challenging to lead people into arenas of spiritual impact that you aren’t currently experiencing or walking in personally.
4) The Timothy Initiative sees fruit all across the world as ministries are developing a more sustainable form of disciple-making.
Subscribe (and Leave a Review!)
Be sure to subscribe to The 95 Podcast on whatever platform you prefer! You can also keep up with the latest podcasts, articles, and resources by using the form below:
Your rating also helps more pastors of small and mid-size churches find this resource, especially on Apple Podcasts. Would you take a moment to share your thoughts? Open the podcast on Apple Podcasts on your phone or computer and share your thoughts. We appreciate it!
Support the Podcast
The 95 Podcast is a ministry of 95Network. As a nonprofit, we rely on the support of those who believe in our mission to resource small and mid-size churches and support pastors. Would you consider supporting us if this podcast or our ministry has impacted you?