Is it time to acknowledge that our traditional way of providing discipleship, in most cases, is not providing clear results? When it comes to your discipleship process, do you have a clearly defined goal you are shooting for that would allow you to evaluate your effectiveness? If the answer to these questions is no, you will enjoy today’s 95Podcast with Spiritual Formation Pastor Matt Adair.
Dale and Matt discuss practical ways you can use to determine your discipleship effectiveness. For Matt, one of the key outcomes of effective discipleship is to love your enemies. Today’s podcast is filled with great wisdom and guidance for anyone looking to create transformational discipleship throughout their ministry.
Links to Resources Mentioned or Related
- Email: Matt.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Canoeing The Mountains: Christian Leadership in Uncharted Territory by Todd Bolsinger
- 95Network – Soul Care Essentials
- 95Network – Healthy Church Assessment
- Read Stalled: Hope and Help for Pastors Who Thought They’d Be There By Now
- Watch Podcast on YouTube
1) We need to determine ways to evaluate our discipleship effectiveness. Therefore, it’s imperative that we document clear outcomes we desire to reach through our discipleship process.
2) It’s not a stretch to say that Jesus modeled for us one of the key priorities of effective discipleship: love our enemies.
3) At its core, discipleship is about mentoring and developing relationships.
4) Every leader in the church today has got to learn how to become confident in leading their ministry into areas that they’ve never been before. This will be necessary as we lead the church forward in today’s post-pandemic culture.
Subscribe (and Leave a Review!)
Be sure to subscribe to The 95 Podcast on whatever platform you prefer! You can also keep up with the latest podcasts, articles, and resources by using the form below:
Your rating also helps more pastors of small and mid-size churches find this resource, especially on Apple Podcasts. Would you take a moment to share your thoughts? Open the podcast on Apple Podcasts on your phone or computer and share your thoughts. We appreciate it!
Support the Podcast
The 95 Podcast is a ministry of 95Network. As a nonprofit, we rely on the support of those who believe in our mission to resource small and mid-size churches and support pastors. If this podcast or our ministry has impacted you, would you consider supporting us?
Share Your Thoughts on Social Media
Let’s keep the conversation going! We use #smallchurches on Twitter, and you can keep up with the latest by following us on Twitter (@95Network), Facebook, or Instagram.