Have you ever felt God was preparing you from childhood to live out a Divine calling? If so, then you will most likely identify with the journey that Ben and Kathleen Struss have experienced. They both sensed that Jesus was preparing them for a lifetime of mission work since their early teens. This is what led them to move their family to the other side of the world to serve the nation of Indonesia.
Ben joins Dale today on the 95Podcast to discuss how his family arrived at the point of church planting in a predominately Muslim nation. This is an excellent conversation about how God uses each step of our lives to prepare us for His perfect plan.
Links to Resources Mentioned or Related
- Book: The Ruthless Elimination Of Hurry by John Mark Comer
- Support the Struss Family: Giving
- Church Website: ICBogor.com
- Find Ben on Instagram at @ICBogor
- Email: Ben
- Mailing Address: Ben Struss – 121 N Cross St, Apt 318, Wheaton, IL 60187n
- 95Network – Soul Care Essentials
- 95Network – Healthy Church Assessment
- Read Stalled: Hope and Help for Pastors Who Thought They’d Be There By Now
- Watch Podcast on YouTube
1) The pathway to finding God’s ultimate purpose for your life is often filled with a series of opportunities for faithfulness. Walking through the open door in front of you often leads to future open doors to be discovered.
2) The impact of Teen Mania’s “Acquire The Fire” led many young people to commit to full-time ministry service.
3) God will prepare your spouse many years before you eventually meet them for the call to serve the nations as a missionary family.
4) Support systems within your family, denomination, and local area are necessary when committing to serving as missionaries.
5) The advancement of technology is so helpful with staying in touch with the family and friends you leave behind.
Subscribe (and Leave a Review!)
Be sure to subscribe to The 95 Podcast on whatever platform you prefer! You can also keep up with the latest podcasts, articles, and resources by using the form below:
Your rating also helps more pastors of small and mid-size churches find this resource, especially on Apple Podcasts. Please take a moment to share your thoughts. Open the podcast on Apple Podcasts on your phone or computer and share your thoughts. We appreciate it!
Support the Podcast
The 95 Podcast is a ministry of 95Network. As a nonprofit, we rely on the support of those who believe in our mission to resource small and mid-size churches and support pastors. Would you consider supporting us if this podcast or our ministry has impacted you?
Share Your Thoughts on Social Media
Let’s keep the conversation going! We use #smallchurches on Twitter, and you can keep up with the latest by following us on Twitter (@95Network), Facebook, or Instagram.