Dan Nichols has been a friend of 95Network for many years. His work with The Northeast Collaborative significantly impacts churches of all denominations in the northeastern United States. Dan recently reached out to Dale to share some insight from a new article he had written about the stressful situations that many pastors find themselves in as they lead their churches.
You’ll enjoy the frank conversation with Dan today as he discusses his passion for helping congregations learn how to support their pastor best.
Links to Resources Mentioned or Related
- Northeast Collaborative
- Grace Fellowship Church
- Full Strength Network
- Email Dan
- Link to NEW! Soul Care Essentials Online: 3-Session Video Series
- Link to NEW! Soul Care Essentials Cohort: 6 Weeks of Guided Conversations for Post-Conference Groups
- 95Network – Soul Care Essentials
- 95Network – Healthy Church Assessment
- Read Stalled: Hope and Help for Pastors Who Thought They’d Be There By Now
- Watch Podcast on YouTube
1) The “damn” sandwich is taken a devastating toll on small and mid-size church leaders. There has to be an intentional effort from within the congregation to focus on pastoral health from the side of the laity.
2) Dan believes we are currently in the largest pastoral leadership crisis in American history. . . And he has the stats to back up his belief!
3) The average age of lead pastors will rise to 60 years old in 2024.
4) 40% of pastors have said they’ve considered quitting post-Covid. . . Many already have!
Subscribe (and Leave a Review!)
Be sure to subscribe to The 95 Podcast on whatever platform you prefer! You can also keep up with the latest podcasts, articles, and resources by using the form below:
Your rating also helps more pastors of small and mid-size churches find this resource, especially on Apple Podcasts. Would you take a moment to share your thoughts? Open the podcast on Apple Podcasts on your phone or computer and share your thoughts. We appreciate it!
Support the Podcast
The 95 Podcast is a ministry of 95Network. As a nonprofit, we rely on the support of those who believe in our mission to resource small and mid-size churches and support pastors. If this podcast or our ministry has impacted you, would you consider supporting us?