Jason Hamrock is back on the show this week! And we’re talking through a topic I have seen around social media, but haven’t understood: Virtual reality.
After serving 11 years as a church Communications Director, Jason Hamrock is now the CEO of Missional Marketing, a marketing agency that specializes in supporting churches.
In this episode, Jason is talking through the potential changes on the horizon, what Meta is and why Mark Zuckerberg is moving their company in that direction, why he and his church are testing out virtual reality services, the encouragement that all of us need to hear about shifts in culture, and more!
This was a great conversation and we plan to lean on Jason a lot in the coming days. Don’t miss this one!
Links to Resources Mentioned or Related
- Missional Marketing
- Leveraging Google for Ministry (w/ Jason Hamrock) – Episode 70
- Church Communications Facebook Group (free!)
- 95Network Coaching
- Use code PODCAST to get 10% off anything in our store!
- Read Stalled: Hope and Help for Pastors Who Thought They’d Be There By Now
- Watch Podcast on YouTube
1) “Your church will die if you do not adapt to what’s going on around you.” This does not mean you need to completely change your ministry tomorrow. But we need to try to understand what’s going on around us so that our churches can leverage those new technologies for good. People are slowly changing how they connect with people and organizations, and we can’t ignore that.
2) We’re all on the same team. Our mission is to connect people to Jesus and we can’t lose sight of that. Whatever it takes, we need to work together to accomplish that mission.
3) If you are always turning your back on changes in culture, you are turning your back on people. Wow, what a powerful truth from this statement. Even with something like social media, if we are ignoring the place where people are spending their time, we are in turn communicating that we don’t value them. We want to “go to where people are.”
Subscribe (and Leave a Review!)
Be sure to subscribe to The 95 Podcast on whatever platform you prefer! You can also keep up with the latest podcasts, articles, and resources by using the form below:
Your rating also helps more pastors of small and mid-size churches find this resource, especially on Apple Podcasts. Would you take a moment to share your thoughts? Just open the podcast on Apple Podcasts on your phone or computer and share your thoughts. We really appreciate it!
Support the Podcast
The 95 Podcast is a ministry of 95Network. As a nonprofit, we rely on the support of those who believe in our mission to resource small and mid-size churches and support pastors. If you have been impacted by this podcast or our ministry, would you consider supporting us?