Today’s episode is a masterclass for church leaders on Google and SEO.
After serving 11 years as a church Communications Director, Jason Hamrock is now the CEO of Missional Marketing, a marketing agency that specializes in supporting churches.
In today’s episode, he shares practical insight about optimizing your website, why it’s important to be adding new content to your website consistently, supporting people on their spiritual journey, and so much more.
Friends, a topic like this often feels more over our head than it actually is. I encourage you to let Jason share his wisdom with you today!
1) Google will work for you for free. But it doesn’t happen on its own. Google owns 92% of the market share for search engines. As Jason shares, you have to be sharing consistent content (which you’re already creating each week anyway) and structuring your website intentionally.
2) It’s important to show up at various stages of people’s journey. Whether they’re searching specifically for “Churches near me” or for something like “how to save my marriage,” is your church showing up when people are searching for answers?
3) We can’t idolize our building. We all learned that this past year, but it’s such a great reminder. The spiritual journey of those we want to reach starts far before they would ever show up to our building in-person.
Links to Resources Mentioned or Related
- Missional Marketing
- Local SEO Boost for Churches
- [Article] Is a Facebook Page a Valid Replacement for My Church Website?
- Mark Sties on Shifts Google is Implementing, Leveraging Digital Ministry, & Hope for the Church – Episode 76
- Read Stalled: Hope and Help for Pastors Who Thought They’d Be There By Now
Subscribe (and Leave a Review!)
Be sure to subscribe to The 95 Podcast on whatever platform you prefer! You can also keep up with the latest podcasts, articles, and resources by using the form below:
Your rating also helps more pastors of small and mid-size churches find this resource, especially on Apple Podcasts. Would you take a moment to share your thoughts? Just open the podcast on Apple Podcasts on your phone or computer and share your thoughts. We really appreciate it!
Support the Podcast
The 95 Podcast is a ministry of 95Network. As a nonprofit, we rely on the support of those who believe in our mission to resource small and mid-size churches and support pastors. If you have been impacted by this podcast or our ministry, would you consider supporting us?