When we shared Episode 70 of the podcast titled “Leveraging Google for Ministry,” we heard from pastor after pastor who found the topic so helpful.
Today, we’re going deeper on that conversation.
Mark Sties is co-owner (along with his wife) of Sties Design Agency. Their company has a huge heart for the Church, while having produced video for companies like Ford, launched websites for clients across the country, put companies at the top of Google search, and more. Their decades of brand-building experience achieve results and keep the heart of the Gospel at the center of all their work.
We had the opportunity to meet Mark at one of our first digital events at the start of the pandemic, and we have such similar perspectives and vision for small and mid-size churches. In this conversation, he shares why digital ministry can no longer get the scraps under the table, shifts leaders need to understand about how Google is starting to rank websites, and why you don’t need to go it alone. I am so grateful to finally have him on the show, and I can’t wait for you to hear this conversation. Listen in!
1) Digital ministry can no longer get the scraps under the table. This isn’t about being “trendy;” it’s because souls are in the balance. When we treat it as second-rate, we lose the strategy and intentionality to really make it effective.
2) Google is shifting how they determine the websites that rank best. They’ve basically updated their scorecard to prioritize websites that are high-speed and perform well. This isn’t Y2K, but Mark recommends that churches gain awareness of Google Page Experience (GPE) and take a balanced approach to address it.
3) You don’t have to try and figure everything out on your own. Scripture makes it so clear that God designed different people to serve the Church in different ways. Sometimes we have a scarcity mindset as leaders, and we just assume there’s no one out there who can support us. Don’t be afraid to reach out to organizations for help, and remember that your job, ultimately, is to equip, not to do everything.
Links to Resources Mentioned or Related
- FREE Guide to Google Page Experience
- Sties Design (ChurchCreativeAgency.com)
- Leveraging Google for Ministry (w/ Jason Hamrock) – Episode 70
- Read Stalled: Hope and Help for Pastors Who Thought They’d Be There By Now
Subscribe (and Leave a Review!)
Be sure to subscribe to The 95 Podcast on whatever platform you prefer! You can also keep up with the latest podcasts, articles, and resources by using the form below:
Your rating also helps more pastors of small and mid-size churches find this resource, especially on Apple Podcasts. Would you take a moment to share your thoughts? Just open the podcast on Apple Podcasts on your phone or computer and share your thoughts. We really appreciate it!
Support the Podcast
The 95 Podcast is a ministry of 95Network. As a nonprofit, we rely on the support of those who believe in our mission to resource small and mid-size churches and support pastors. If you have been impacted by this podcast or our ministry, would you consider supporting us?