(Are you signed up for our National Conference in November? Get all the details here!)
“I believe the Church is coming into its finest hour and is about to rise up.”
Jon Sanders is the Founder of Small Town Big Church, a full-time firefighter, and is also the Director of Coaching here at 95Network. He is one of our favorite leaders in the world… a straight-shooter with a huge heart for church leaders and developing systems that help leaders thrive.
In this conversation, Jon shares what he’s most excited about for the Church right now, what’s discouraging him currently, how he sees a poverty mindset show up for leaders, why there’s no excuse for leaders to lead from a place of isolation, the reason he has spent thousands of dollars on coaching in his own life, and so much more.
We know you’ll find a whole lot of value in this one!
1) The current system needs to be recalibrated. Pastors aren’t supposed to be consistently discouraged after years in ministry. Pastors aren’t supposed to be limited from dreaming. Pastors aren’t supposed to struggle financially. It doesn’t need to be that way.
2) You don’t need to lead from isolation. In fact, there’s no excuse. There are so many people with a heart to help you and support you. There are so many communities that exist for leaders. You are not alone.
3) A great coach will push you further than you could go on your own. It’s helpful to have a safe place to process leadership and listen to you. It’s so valuable to have an experienced leader give you objective insight into your situation. Jon openly talks about the thousands of dollars he has spent on coaching and why he continues to do so.
4) A poverty mindset doesn’t serve us well. Jon provides some great examples of how a poverty mindset shows up for many leaders. This goes beyond finances and across all angles of our leadership. But put simply, this is an area where so many of us have an opportunity for growth.
Links to Resources Mentioned or Related
- Small Town Big Church
- 95Network Coaching
- Use code PODCAST to get 10% off anything in our store!
- Read Stalled: Hope and Help for Pastors Who Thought They’d Be There By Now
- Join us with your spouse for the From Stalled to Freedom Conference in Greenville!
Subscribe (and Leave a Review!)
Be sure to subscribe to The 95 Podcast on whatever platform you prefer! You can also keep up with the latest podcasts, articles, and resources by using the form below:
Your rating also helps more pastors of small and mid-size churches find this resource, especially on Apple Podcasts. Would you take a moment to share your thoughts? Just open the podcast on Apple Podcasts on your phone or computer and share your thoughts. We really appreciate it!
Support the Podcast
The 95 Podcast is a ministry of 95Network. As a nonprofit, we rely on the support of those who believe in our mission to resource small and mid-size churches and support pastors. If you have been impacted by this podcast or our ministry, would you consider supporting us?