Bill and Kristi Gaultiere know from first-hand experience how ministry can take a toll on your life. They both realized this while serving the local church in a season of intense activity. However, they soon discovered something on the inside was wrong. The joy and fulfillment of ministry had diminished amid the fast-paced life of leading in today’s culture.
On this edition of the 95Podcast, you will hear the heart of their ministry to leaders through Soul Shepherding and the Sabbatical Guide. They want you to find a weekly rhythm to your life and ministry that brings comfort and peace each day.
Links to Resources Mentioned or Related
- Talk with a Sr Spiritual Director
- Soul Shepherding Institute 5-day retreats
- Your Sabbatical: An Introduction
- Your Best Life in Jesus’ Easy Yoke
- Ignatian Meditation Guides
- Breath Prayer Guides
- Soul Shepherding Website
- 95Podcast 67 – The Journey of the Soul (w/ Bill Gaultiere)
- 95Podcast 91 – Dale’s Unexpected Sabbatical & Reflections
- Email Bill & Kristi
- 95Network – Soul Care Essentials
- 95Network – Healthy Church Assessment
- Read Stalled: Hope and Help for Pastors Who Thought They’d Be There By Now
- Watch Podcast on YouTube
1) Sabbath is more than just taking off a day each week from your job to catch up on the other things in your life that are lagging.
2) A healthy soul is developed through a rhythm of surrender and reflection. We were not created to live our lives at a wide-open, frantic pace continually.
3) The pressure placed on pastors’ spouses can be overwhelming. The greatest intensity of this pressure is often more “internal” than “external.”
4) When it comes to the sabbath, you must start somewhere, even if your ministry situation doesn’t allow you to take an extended sabbatical. It can be life-changing to simply begin a weekly priority of entering into a dedicated time for soul care and soul restoration.
Subscribe (and Leave a Review!)
Be sure to subscribe to The 95 Podcast on whatever platform you prefer! You can also keep up with the latest podcasts, articles, and resources by using the form below:
Your rating also helps more pastors of small and mid-size churches find this resource, especially on Apple Podcasts. Would you take a moment to share your thoughts? Open the podcast on Apple Podcasts on your phone or computer and share your thoughts. We appreciate it!
Support the Podcast
The 95 Podcast is a ministry of 95Network. As a nonprofit, we rely on the support of those who believe in our mission to resource small and mid-size churches and support pastors. If this podcast or our ministry has impacted you, would you consider supporting us?
Share Your Thoughts on Social Media
Let’s keep the conversation going! We use #smallchurches on Twitter, and you can keep up with the latest by following us on Twitter (@95Network), Facebook, or Instagram.