Wade Bearden is the Co-Founder of Ministry Pass and Sermonary and he’s a volunteer member of his church’s preaching team. Out of Bible college, Wade spent time in ministry before diving in full-time to develop resources for church leaders. In this episode, you’ll be inspired by Wade’s journey in ministry and you’ll hear his heart for bringing together the two important worlds of rich theology and powerful storytelling.
I’m excited to share this with you today and I hope it is such an encouragement to you in your ministry!
1) Ministry leaders need to be aware of the time commitment we are asking of our volunteers. For those of us in full-time, vocational ministry, it can be easy for us to forget the sacrifice of time that so many of our volunteers make. For us, it’s just a part of our job to stay late or put in extra time on ministry. But for our volunteers, so many of them put in a full week of work and then on top of that, they put in so much time and energy into their ministry. We need to be aware of this and sensitive to what we’re really asking them to do.
2) Don’t underestimate the power of appreciation. Chances are, most of our volunteers in ministry are serving because they love God and they love your ministry, but when we take the time to share our appreciation in authentic and tangible ways, it only adds to their desire to want to serve more. We want to be appreciated, or at least acknowledged, whether we will admit it or not.
3) Take the time to become disciplined. Time is one of the commodities that we are limited on and there’s nothing we can do to get it back. So, we need to develop practices and rhythms that help us use that time wisely. This might mean evaluating the importance of certain hobbies or practices and then deciding what needs to be cut. We are constantly saying yes to somethings and no to others. We need to make sure we say yes to the things that are truly important.
- Wade Bearden’s Website
- Get in touch with me
- Wade’s Book, Failing Faith
- Ministry Pass
- Subscribe to Real Church Stories on Apple Podcasts or Spotify.
Subscribe (and Leave a Review!)
Be sure to subscribe to Real Church Stories on whatever platform you prefer! You can also keep up with this podcast and other resources from 95Network by using the form below:
Your rating also helps more pastors of small and mid-size churches find this podcast, especially on Apple Podcasts. Would you take a moment to share your thoughts? Just open the podcast on Apple Podcasts on your phone or computer and share your thoughts. I really appreciate it!
Support the Podcast
The Real Church Stories Podcast is a ministry of 95Network. As a nonprofit, we rely on the support of those who believe in our mission to resource small and mid-size churches and support pastors. If you have been impacted by this podcast or our ministry, would you consider supporting us?